CBS SPORTS ANNOUNCES ITS NFL LINEUP FOR THE COMING SEASON WHICH INCLUDES THE 2024 SUPER BOWL
The Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson threesome return for their seventh season and will call as a team for their third Super Bowl.
J.J. Watt, Matt Ryan, Jason McCourty and Ross Tucker join the network as analysts
Nantz, Romo and Wolfson will return for their seventh season together, calling CBS Sports’ marquee game each week, including the network’s Thanksgiving and Christmas games, the AFC Playoffs and the AFC Championship Game.
They will call their third Super Bowl together on Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024.
CBS adds, in its words:
- The NFL ON CBS team will be bolstered this season by the addition of three new analysts – three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt, 2016 NFL Most Valuable Player Matt Ryan and Super Bowl LIII champion Jason McCourty.
- All-Pro running back Tiki Barber in his fifth season with CBS will have an expanded role with a full schedule of NFL ON CBS games, working alongside Andrew Catalon, Ryan and reporter AJ Ross.
- Chris Lewis will call NFL ON CBS games for the first time, partnering with McCourty and Ross Tucker, who is in his first year as an NFL ON CBS analyst. James Lofton this season will work with Tom McCarthy and Jay Feely in a three-man booth.
- The Network has also added reporters Tiffany Blackmon, Amanda Guerra and Justin Walters for select games throughout the season. The strength and depth of the NFL ON CBS announcer lineup is further evidenced by the return of experienced teams including the Network’s No. 2 team, Ian Eagle, Charles Davis and Evan Washburn along with the crew of Kevin Harlan, Trent Green and Melanie Collins as well as Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta. Beth Mowins will call select games, while Amanda Renner and Aditi Kinkhabwala return as game reporters.
- Gene Steratore enters his sixth year as NFL Rules Analyst.
- THE NFL TODAY will feature host James Brown alongside analysts Phil Simms, Nate Burleson, Bill Cowher, and Boomer Esiason, and lead NFL insider Jonathan Jones. Watt will make appearances on THE NFL TODAY throughout the season.
The folks behind the season
Jim Rikhoff is the lead game producer for THE NFL ON CBS, and Michael Arnold is the lead game director. Drew Kaliski is the producer for THE NFL TODAY, while Bob Matina directs.
- Sean McManus is Chairman, CBS Sports, and serves as Executive Producer for THE NFL ON CBS. David Berson is President, CBS Sports. Harold Bryant is Executive Producer and Executive Vice President, Production, CBS Sports.
- The 2023 NFL ON CBS schedule begins on Sunday, Sept. 10 and is available to viewers across the country on the CBS Television Network and will stream live on Paramount+ to subscribers, who can watch NFL ON CBS games that are broadcast in their local market.
Here’s our quick rundown – ranked by announce team
1- Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
2- Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
3- Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
4- Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan, AJ Ross
5- Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
6- Tom McCarthy, James Lofton, Jay Feely
7- Chris Lewis, Jason McCourty, Ross Tucker
Select Game include – Veteran Beth Mowins
Available for any game at the drop of a required debate, Rules expert, Gene Steratore