ESPN – Turner NBA Weekend
- Malika Edwards is good and a bit jittery which for her limited time on-air keeps viewers energized.
- We know Stephen A. He’s grown on me, Watched his way up – against the grain. He can rattle and dazzle. Take him for what he’s worth. Smart and makes your forehead pucker with some of his comments.
- Michael Wilbon can be either pensive, incisive or buoyant. He’s a writer aho can take deep dives into just about anything.
- I’m not a big fan of Jalen Rose, yet he knows the game. I’d like a peek at his closet.
- Big fan of Mark Jones and brother Paul in Toronto. If you’re a vocabulary nut, he’ll teach you a word or two.
- Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson make up the best trio to cover the NBA.
- Mike Breen’s favorite word in the vocabulary? You got it. Terrific!
Following the NFL Draft:
Noon- 2023 NFL Draft, Rounds 4-7
TNT to Tip Off
NBA Playoffs Conference Semifinals
Phoenix Suns vs. Denver Nuggets
Game 1, Saturday, April 29, at 8:30 p.m. ET
Upcoming NBA on TNT Programming Schedule & Commentator Pairings Announced Through Monday, May 1
TNT will continue its 2023 NBA Playoffs presented by Google Pixel game coverage with Game 1 of the NBA Conference Semifinals series featuring the Phoenix Suns and Kevin Durant visiting the Denver Nuggets and Nikola Jokic on Saturday, April 29, at 8:30 p.m. ET.
TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by CarMax will lead into live game coverage at 8 p.m., followed by Spero Dedes, Grant Hill and Stephanie Ready on the call for Suns/Nuggets.
If Game 7s are necessary for both Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors, TNT will showcase the finale of the Grizzlies/Lakers series on Sunday, April 30, at 8 p.m. Commentators for Grizzlies/Lakers would be Brian Anderson, Stan Van Gundy and Chris Haynes.
TNT’s NBA Conference Semifinals coverage will continue with Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics, Game 1, on Monday, May 1, at 7:30 p.m., followed by Suns/Nuggets, Game 2, at 10 p.m. Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller and Allie LaForce will call 76ers/Celtics, while Dedes, Greg Anthony and Ready will provide commentary for Suns/Nuggets.
Commentator pairings for the start of the Conference Semifinals are as follows:
- (1) Denver Nuggets vs. (4) Phoenix Suns – Spero Dedes, Grant Hill & Stephanie Ready
I like Dedes. He’s on it and not overbearing. Grant Hill is more confident than he’s ever been. Partnering with Bill Raftery has given Grant lots more confidence. Very palpable!
- (2) Memphis Grizzlies or (7) Los Angeles Lakers vs. (3) Sacramento Kings or (6) Golden State Warriors – Brian Anderson, Stan Van Gundy & Chris Haynes
Anderson is an easy-listen. If Turner was still run by David Levy, Brian would have been doing the NBA semi-finals (Turner’s most critically ranked NBA telecasts). Stan brings sharp comments to the mic when he challenges other coaches with whom he’s occasionally partnered.
- (5) New York Knicks vs. (8) Miami Heat – Ian Eagle, Jim Jackson & Jared Greenberg
Ian is well prepared but wants every TV sports job in America. Please. Nice enough guy. Talented but enough already!
- (2) Boston Celtics vs. (3) Philadelphia 76ers – Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller & Allie LaForce
Harlan’s strong voice gives him the edge over Eagle but he’s beginning to kill himself overusing it. Yet still works fluidly with Reggie Miller.
Inside the NBA presented by Kia with Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal will cap each night’s action.
In addition to best-in-class coverage on TNT, Bleacher Report will have around-the-clock news and highlights for all of the postseason’s can’t miss moments, and fans will also have access to multiple companion and supplemental viewing experiences through NBA Twitter Live and TNT Overtime.
TNT will televise the Conference Semifinals, and will have exclusive coverage of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Live streaming coverage of all NBA on TNT games is also available via http://www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt and the Watch TNT app. NBA on TNT games are incorporated into the B/R app. Fans can access the games whenever and wherever they desire by logging in with the user name and password provided by their TV service provider