- The bad news is that Al Michaels is not at all active in NBC’s limited coverage of the NFL Post Season. He deserves better. Yes, he’s 79. Still, Brent Musburger (Oakland Raiders) and Merrill Reese (Philly Eagles) are wonderful. Both are in their 80s. Brent’s still capable but not doing play-by-play anymore after his run-in with Mark Davis of the Raiders.
- No Amazon or the NFL Network this weekend. I liked Eisen all-season because he was himself and not conventional. Fox and CBS will both run games in the early and late afternoon, Saturday and Sunday.
- You might have noted that Joe Buck hosted Jeopardy! during the interregnum after Alex Trebek’s death. Switching channels last week, I bumped into Katie Nolan on the set. She was a candidate on Celebrity Jeopardy! She was knowledgeable and peppery as expected.
- St. Louis Cardinals’ longtime TV Voice Dan McLaughlin was fired after continuing alcohol misuse. That was a couple years ago. Happy to hear that it was recently named that Mac is a co-host on a morning drive-time show that airs over station WXOS (101.1 FM).6 days ago.
- Can anyone sound more annoying than ESPN’s Dan Orlovsky? Thanks Goodness, America is a strong country.
- Todd Blackledge is wonderful. He comes from a royal football family. His dad Ron was was on the staff at Kentucky and later the Steelers.
- Check out Rich Podolsky’s commentary on the ESPN announcers for the national semi-finals Washington knocks off Texas on a bizarre Monday night; Wolves vs. Huskies for title in Houston
ABC, ESPN: Chris Fowler, Dan Orlovsky, Louis Riddick, Laura Rutledge
CBS: Tom McCarthy, James Lofton, Jay Feely, Tiffany Blackmon
FOX: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake
CBS: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
CBS: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
UNVSO, TeleXitos: Miguel Gurwitz, Rolando Cantú, Ariana Figuera