WEEK #5 NFL NOTES
- Fox has the doubleheader and CBS the singleton.
- Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer (Hanna, left) have been exclusive voices of the Amazon Prime Thursday night NFL broadcasts. I’d imagine that most Amazon customers are female, as such two women preside over the broadcasts. Next season when Amazon will have an exclusive, there will be big changes. Talk is that Al Michaels will do the broadcasts as part of a production deal where the Peacock will steer the show. Michaels’ deal with mainstream NBC ends after the Super Bowl.
- Tonight’s game is the first Thursday game that airs on Fox and the NFL Network. The Foxies will have its top crew there led by Joe Buck. Fox will be out of the Thursday night business next season. Amazon will have an exclusive nationally. After the game tonight, the top crew jets to Dallas for the NY Giants at Dallas on Sunday. So they’ll work a couple games this weekend.
- Jim Nantz, Tony Romo and company have Miami at Tampa Bay, going to 30% of America and 86 stations.
- Sleepy Joe Davis fills in for Kevin Burkhardt this Sunday on Philly-Carolina. Bring some life to the telecast brother.
- Greg Gumbel and Adam Archuleta are London bound this weekend for Jets-Falcons. Across the country, game will be seen only on NFL Network.
- No Adam Amin this week for Fox. The excellent Brandon Gaudin takes his place and will work with the not that excellent, Mark Schlereth. He brings little to the party.
- This is the second of three straight weeks where the Mannings won’t be working a side-by-side ESPN, MNF broadcasts.
- For updated clearances- check with the 506.
NFL WEEK #5 SCHEDULE
Thursday, October 7
FOX/NFL: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink
Fox 99% of US; NFLN – 53 million subscribers
AMZN Prime: Hannah Storm, Andrea Kremer
Sunday, October 10
9:30 AM- New York Jets at Atlanta Falcons
NFLN: Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta, AJ Ross, Melissa Stark
53 million subscribers across US
1 PM – Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
CBS: Jim Nantz, Tony Romo, Tracy Wolfson
30% of US, 86 stations
1 PM- New England Patriots at Houston Texans
CBS: Andrew Catalon, James Lofton, Amanda Balionis
10% of US, 23 stations
1 PM- New Orleans Saints at Washington Football Team
CBS: Spero Dedes, Jay Feely
12% of US, 26 stations
1 PM- Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars
CBS: Tom McCarthy, Tiki Barber
6% of US, 16 stations
1 PM- Philadelphia Eagles at Carolina Panthers
FOX: Joe Davis, Greg Olsen, Pam Oliver
10% of US, 20 stations
1 PM- Denver Broncos at Pittsburgh Steelers
FOX: Brandon Gaudin, Mark Schlereth, Sarah Kustok
9% of US, 29 stations
1 PM- Green Bay Packers at Cincinnati Bengals
FOX: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Lindsay Czarniak
74% of US, 146 stations
1 PM- Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings
FOX: Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston, Jennifer Hale
9% of US, 29stations
4:05 PM- Chicago Bears at Las Vegas Raiders
CBS: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
25% of US, 55 stations
4:05 PM- Cleveland Browns at Los Angeles Chargers
CBS: Kevin Harlan, Trent Green, Melanie Collins
17% of US, 34 stations
4:25 PM- New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys
FOX Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi
88% of US, 189 stations
4:25 PM- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals
FOX: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
11% of US, 23 stations
8:20 PM- Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs
NBC, Peacock: Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya
100% of U.S.
Monday, October 4
8:15 PM- Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
ESPN, ESPN+: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters
83 million subscribers