- There are four teams with byes: Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks.
- Fox has the doubleheader and CBS runs a single game.
- There’s no Thursday game this week. As the league continues to shuffle its schedule, the game between Kansas City and Buffalo has been moved to this Monday. It will air on Fox and the NFL Network.
- The last two weeks the team of Kevin Harlan and Trent Green did not work. They were sidelined because the games they were assigned were cancelled due to the pandemic.
- It’s not often that the number one crew covers the Cleveland Browns. It will though this weekend. The Browns are 3-1 and they’ll be in Pittsburgh for the 3-0 Steelers.
- It was reported that the NFL issued an internal memo detailing an 11% drop in television ratings through the first four weeks of the season.
- Yet last Sunday when CBS had an unusual NFC clash between the Giants and Cowboys. The network reported these results: “CBS Sports’ Week #5 of the national game scored with the viewers as an average of 22.870 million viewers tuned in to watch the N.Y. Giants-Dallas and Indianapolis-Cleveland games, up +6% in viewership versus last year (21.525 million on 10/13/19). The national 4:25 PM, ET game window was highlighted by the Giants-Dallas.”
- Joe Buck and partner Troy Aikman have a busy Sunday and Monday. The duo will be in Tampa Bay Sunday for Brady, Rodgers and the Bucs and Packers. They’ll then head to Buffalo for a 5pm Monday matchup where the Bills host the Chiefs on both Fox and the NFL Network. So, yes, there will be a doubleheader Monday. ESPN has Arizona at Dallas at 8:15pm.
- Fox runs Cincinnati at Indy this week, a game that would usually go to AFC rights holder, CBS.
- The CBS game with the greatest distribution this week is Cleveland-Pittsburgh, 31% of the country.
FULL SCHEDULE, TALENT AND DISTRIBUTION DETAILS (UPDATED THURSDAY, OCT 15)
Sunday, Oct. 18 (1:00 p.m. ET)
Denver Broncos at New England Patriots (CBS) Kevin Harlan, Trent Green
72 markets/25% of U.S.
Albuquerque-Bakersfield-Bangor-Billings-Binghamton-Bismarck-Boise-Boston-Bozeman-Buffalo-Burlington-Butte-Casper-Cheyenne-Chico-Colorado Springs-Denver-Dickinson-Dodge City/Ensign-Durango-Elmira-corning-Eureka-Florence-Glendive-Goodland-Grand Island-Grand Junction-Great Falls-Hartford-Hays-Helena-Idaho Falls-Jefferson City-Kalispell-Kansas City-Lander-Las Vegas-Lincoln-Los Angeles-Missoula-Monterey-Montrose-North Platte-Omaha-Palm Springs-Pittsburg-Portland-Presque Isle-Providence -Rapid City-Reliance-Reno-Rock Springs-Roswell-Sacramento-Salt Lake City-San Diego-San Francisco-Santa Maria-Scottsbluff/Gering-Sioux City- Sioux Falls Springfield, Ma Springfield, Mo St Joseph Syracuse Topeka Twin Falls Utica Watertown Wichita Yuma
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans (CBS) Greg Gumbel, Rich Gannon
33 markets/11% of U.S.
Abilene-Austin-Beaumont-Bowling Green-Bryan -Cape Girardeau-Chattanooga-Columbus_Ms.-Corpus Christi-Evansville-Greenville_Ms-Harlingen -Hattiesburg-Houston-Huntsville-Jackson-Jackson-Johnson City-Jonesboro-Knoxville-Laredo-Lubbock -Memphis-Meridian-Nashville-Odessa-San Angelo-San Antonio-Shreveport-Spartanburg-Tyler-Victoria-Waco
Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (CBS) Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
101 markets/31% of U.S.
Altoona-Albany-Alexandria-Alpena-Amarillo-Anchorage-Augusta-Baton Rouge-Bend-Biloxi-Birmingham-Cadillac-Cedar Rapids-Champaign-Charleston-Cincinnati- Cleveland-Columbia-Columbus_Ga.-Columbus_Oh.-Coos Bay-Dayton-Des Moines-Dothan-Duluth – Chisholm-El Paso-Erie-Escanaba-Eugene-Fairbanks-Flint-Florence-Fort Wayne-Ft Smith-Fresno-Gainesville-Greenbay-Greensboro-Greenville_Nc-Hazard-Honolulu-Huntington-Juneau-Kalamazoo-Ketchikan-Kirksville-La Crosse -Lafayette_In.-Lafayette_La.-Lake Charles-Lansing-Lewisburg-Lewiston-Lexington-Lima-Little Rock-Macon-Madison-Mankato-Medford-Milwaukee-Mobile-Monroe-Montgomery-New Orleans-Norfolk- Oklahoma City Orlando Panama City Beach Parkersburg Pasco Peoria Phoenix Pittsburgh Portland Quincy Raleigh Rock Island-Rochester- Rockford Roseburg Sault Saint Marie Savannah Scranton Seattle Sitka South Bend Spokane St. Louis Tallahassee Tampa Terre Haute Toledo Tucson Tulsa Wausau Weston Wheeling Wilmington Yakima Youngstown
Baltimore Ravens at Philadelphia Eagles (CBS) Ian Eagle, Charles Davis
16 markets/12% of U.S.
Baltimore-Charlottesville-Dallas-Fargo-Harrisburg-Harrisonburg-Louisville-Minot-Philadelphia -Richmond-Roanoke-Salisbury-Sherman-Washington-Wichita Falls-Williston
Washington Football Team at New York Giants (Fox) Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth
29 markets/20% of U.S.
Abilene-Albany, NY-Baltimore-Binghamton-Bluefield-Burlington-Charlottesville-Dallas-Elmira-Harrisburg-Harrisonburg-Hartford-New York-Norfolk-Philadelphia-Puerto Rico-Richmond-Roanoke-Salisbury-Sherman-Syracuse-Tyler-US Virgin Islands-Utica-Waco-Washington-Watertown-Wichita Falls-Wilkes-Barre
Atlanta Falcons at Minnesota Vikings (Fox) Brandon Gaudin, Daryl Johnston
22 markets/8% of U.S.
Albany, GA-Atlanta-Augusta-Birmingham-Chattanooga-Columbus-Des Moines-Dothan-Duluth-Fargo-Huntsville-La Crosse-Macon-Mankato-Minneapolis-Minot-Montgomery-Rapid City-Rochester-Savannah-Sioux City-Sioux Falls
Detroit Lions at Jacksonville Jaguars (Fox) Chis Myers, Brock Huard, Greg Jennings
9 markets/4% of U.S.
Alpena-Detroit-Flint-Grand Rapids-Jacksonville-Lansing-Marquette-Toledo-Traverse City
Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts (Fox) Kevin Kugler, Chris Spielman
45 markets/19% of U.S.
Alexandria-Bangor-Baton Rouge-Beaumont-Boston-Bowling Green-Buffalo-Charleston-Cincinnati-Clarksburg-Cleveland-Columbus-Dayton-Denver-Erie-Evansville-Fort Wayne-Grand Junction-Indianapolis-Johnstown-Kansas City-Lafayette-Lafayette-Lake Charles-Las Vegas-Lexington-Lima-Louisville-Monroe-Nashville-New Orleans-Parkersburg-Pittsburgh-Portland-Presque Isle-Providence-Rochester-San Diego-Shreveport-Springfield-St. Joseph-Terre Haute-Topeka-Wheeling-Youngstown
Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers (Fox) Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma
107 markets/48% of US
Albuquerque-Amarillo-Anchorage-Austin-Bakersfield-Bend-Billings-Biloxi-Boise-Butte-Casper-Cedar Rapids-Champaign-Charleston-Charlotte-Cheyenne-Chicago-Chico-Colorado Springs-Columbia-Columbia-Columbus-Corpus Christi-Davenport-El Paso-Eugene-Eureka-Fairbanks-Fort Myers-Fort Smith-Fresno-Gainesville-Great Falls-Green Bay-Greensboro-Greenville-Greenville-Greenwood-Guam-Harlingen-Hattiesburg-Helena-Honolulu-Houston-Idaho Falls-Jackson-Jackson-Jonesboro-Joplin-Juneau-Knoxville-Laredo-Lincoln-Little Rock-Los Angeles-Lubbock-Madison-Medford-Memphis-Meridian-Miami-Milwaukee-MissoulaMobile Monterey Myrtle Beach North Platte Odessa Oklahoma City Omaha Orlando Ottumwa Paducah Palm Springs Panama City Peoria Phoenix Portland Quincy Raleigh Reno Rockford Sacramento Salt Lake City San Angelo San Antonio San Francisco Santa Barbara Seattle South Bend Spokane Springfield, Il. Springfield, Mo St. Louis Tallahassee Tampa Tri-Cities Tucson Tulsa Twin Falls Victoria Wausau West Palm Beach Wichita Wilmington Yakima Yuma
Sunday, Oct. 18 (4:05 p.m. ET)
New York Jets at Miami Dolphins (CBS) Andrew Catalon, James Lofton
14 markets/21% of U.S.
Albany, NY-Atlanta-Charlotte-Chicago-Detroit-Ft Myers -Indianapolis-Jacksonville-Mason City-Miami -Minneapolis-New York-W. Palm Beach-Walker
Sunday, Oct. 18 (4:25 p.m. ET)
Green Bay Packers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Fox) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
98% of country. No other Fox game in the late window. The Miami Fox station will not carry the game live. It cannot by contract because the Dolphins are at home at that hour. The station has the right to pick up the game at 7pm local time.
Sunday, Oct. 18 (8:20 p.m. ET)
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers (NBC) Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth
100% of country
Monday, Oct. 19 (5:00 p.m. ET)
Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills (Fox and NFL Network) Joe Buck, Troy Aikman
100% of country and NFL Network available in some 65 million
Monday, Oct. 19 (8:15 p.m. ET)
Arizona Cardinals at Dallas Cowboys (ESPN) Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick
ESPN is available in 100% of country in some 85 million homes