- CBS has the singleton, Fox the doubleheader.
- Detroit Lions, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Washington Football Team.
- With Joe Buck on baseball, Joe Davis joins Troy Aikman on Sunday afternoon’s telecast of Tampa Bay at New Orleans. Fox can do better than Sleepy Joe. So this weekend Davis has the widest national audience, 191 stations and 92% of country. Bring back Thom Brennaman. Stop with the excuses.
- Chris Myers continues to be among the the most underrated and diverse broadcasters covering football.
- Kevin Kugler was good on radio. His voice though is thin, maybe the thinnest of any TV network voice covering the NFL. Smart guy, well prepared but as boring as watching your money grow in the bank at miniscule interest rates. We’re not all Kevin Harlan.
- Brandon Gaudin is very good at Fox. Good hire. Was voice of Georgia Tech.
- Mark Schlereth’s comments are shallow and he talks haltingly. Aren’t there better analysts than he?
- Kenny Albert just won’t stop. He’s one place one day and somewhere else the next. He’ll end up like me, so many frequent flyer miles, he’ll never be able do use them.
- Geography of NFL TV distribution below and check for updates at the 506 through the weekend.
- We thank Eye on Sky and Sports for its weekly information on broadcasts schedules.
- People have told me that Steve Levy keeps growing on them. Indeed. A warm guy.
- You have to be impressed with with Nate Burleson’s assertiveness on CBS’ Inside the NFL. He comes on strong and is likely to take over for 70 year old Janes Brown.
- Monday night’s Giants at Chiefs might be more competitive than first thought.
- The Mannings had three footballers for 3 of their 4 guests Monday night. Tom Brady and Drew Brees were insightful. Marshawn Lynch’s performance summed it up best, “I had three shots of Hennessy before the game.” Sue Bird was out of place, added little and was laconic.
100%/NFL Network 53 million subscribers
FOX: Adam Amin, Greg Olsen, Pam Oliver
CBS: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn
CBS: Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta, A.J. Ross
FOX: Joe Davis, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi
FOX: Brandon Gaudin, Mark Schlereth, Shannon Spake
NBC, Peacock: Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth, Michele Tafoya
Monday, November 1
ESPN, ESPN+: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters