NFL WEEK #9
- Byes: Detroit, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Washington
- With baseball behind us, Joe Buck is now back fulltime to NFL coverage for Fox.
- CBS has single game coverage this Sunday. Fox has the doubleheader. As such, the telecast of Cleveland-Cincinnati, covered by CBS’ top crew of Nantz and Romo, will be seen in a very narrow swath of the country’s geography, 43%.
- NFL voices underrated: Chris Myers, Fox; James Lofton, CBS (left)
- NFL Overrated: Mark Schlereth, Fox; Trent Green, CBS
- DirecTV has a physician, an orthopedist, commenting on injuries Sundays on the Red Zone channel. It’s a helpful feature.
- I checked in with the wonderful Gene Deckerhoff, Voice of both Florida State and the Tampa Bay Bucs. He tells me that the broadcast crew of Florida State flies on the team charter. The Bucs broadcasters and production people fly commercially. Apparently, NFL rules: No travel on the team charters.
- Kevin Burkhardt, Fox’ #2 NFL voice is also back from baseball and will resume his football role Sunday.
- From Sports Media Watch, “A marquee matchup between elite teams lifted last week’s Thursday Night Football to its largest audience in three years. Packers-Cardinals averaged an 11.2 rating and 20.26 million viewers on the latest NFL Thursday Night Football simulcast on FOX and NFL Network (20.4M across all platforms), the largest audience for the TNF package since 2018
- DirecTV has a physician commenting on injuries – Red Zone channel. Well done
- Updates of college and NFL voices are available at Eye on Sky and Air Sports.
- We thank the506 for the broadcast contour maps below. We urge you check the506 for updates through the weekend.
- The celebrated New England Patriots will be seen in only 11% of the country
FOX/NFL: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews, Kristina Pink
Fox – 99%, 212 stations
Sunday, November 7
4:25 PM- Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers
FOX: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
7%, 12 stations
Monday, November 8