Delighted to have veteran broadcaster Tim Brando share some early snippets and observations:
1) Georgia’s former walk-on QB Stetson Bennett is the most improved player in the country.
2) in the end, Bama may be better but the Dawgs win was against a far better opponent.
3) Ohio St didn’t cover, and offense wasn’t as advertised. The Jim Knowles Hire as D/C was a hit!
4) Baylor –Their first BIG road test at BYU this week.
5) Oklahoma– the Top Transfer Portal QB may well be Dillon Gabriel.
6) Michigan isn’t as far behind the Buckeyes as previously thought.
7) Arkansas had an excellent win against a still polished Cincinnati team.
8) The Irish Defense was outstanding week #1. Offense must catch up.
9) NC State: Anyone thinking E. Carolina is a walk over, doesn’t really follow the game. Road wins matter to me.
10) Houston, see above. UTSA is an outstanding team and led 21-7 in the 4th. Cougars’ Clayton Tune will be a Heisman dark horse.
Just out of top ten:
A&M, USC, and Clemson are all highly overrated for the brands only right now. Gotta’ see it before I believe it.
This week, expect the competition between #BigNoonKickoff and GameDay to be better than the Tide &Horns. Should be over early. Hope I’m wrong there, but don’t think so.
My partner Spencer Tillman and I have Texas Tech hosting Houston in what we think will be a close and competitive game on FS1. Next week we’re off to Columbus to see the Buckeyes.