1- Tennessee yes, my poll was out before the Committee’s announcement, Tuesday night. I dropped the Buckeyes because they were gifted that win in Happy Valley. Can Tennessee enhance its resume further by meeting the challenge against Georgia between the edges? Well, let’s just say they’re in great shape!
2- Ohio State is still the best overall team, but not playing their best right now.
3- Georgia it’s their home game this week and I wonder if that offense can score with the Vols. The Dawgs D is not what it was in 21.
4- Michigan I just couldn’t pull the trigger and move the Wolverines out, after handling the Spartans!
5- TCU a complete injustice the 5th with the Committee. A case of situational ethics in my view. Texas Tech is good like all BIG12 opponents and it’s a BIG Noon Game on FOX this week. You’ll see what I mean about the Horned Frogs.
6- Clemson It’s funny that the Tigers fell behind at home to a Syracuse team and it was no big deal. But unlike TCU, The South Carolinians are considered a precious brand. So there ya go, it’s Pure Playoff/ Privilege.
7- Oregon remains the class of the PAC12, and is the BEST #1 loss team in America.
8- Alabama It doesn’t look like it now, but the Tides have a great chance of losing this week at LSU and next, November 12th. at Mississippi. If the Tigers’ BRAND is spirited enough to prop ’em up, they are also good enough to win this Saturday night. On November 12th, Alabama has #11 Mississippi. away.
9- UCLA Has more poor brand management caused the Bruins more embarrassment, than that of the CFP Committee okay? Ask. The basis of what besides the USC brand has ranked ahead of the Bruins?
10- Ole Miss the Rebels’ bounce back at A&M was sweet for Coach Kiffin. Now he’s got to handle the Auburn rumors. It’s right in his wheelhouse. The Lane Train 🚂 loves being loved.
- Incredible weekend coming up starting with TCU’s exposure to Fox’ BIG NOON and The Big Noon Kickoff on the campus in Ft. Worth. TCU’s Max Duggan is among CFB’s elite at the QB position. His story will be told on the highest rated window in CFB this week.
- Looking at the schedule you can see why Big Noon was created. The SEC has LSU/Bama on ESPN in primetime. A game even Fowler and Herbstreit rarely get. Why my old Network CBS used to always put that game in primetime with the first pick.
- Understandably, not this year! Why? Georgia and Tennessee? Nationally the bigger game. No doubt.
- Look out for other huge games like Kansas State at Texas. The Wildcats remain viable, despite their loss at TCU, and Sarkisian really needs this win. He’s 500 so far as a Texas Head Coach. Any signature win would help.
- Spencer Tillman and I are in Lawrence, Kansas for the Jayhawks bud to get Bowl eligible for the first time since 2008. Vegas still doesn’t like them. A 3 point underdog at home against a banged up Oklahoma St. team, 3:30 Eastern on FS1.
- We’ll return to Big FOX after the World Series next Saturday as FOX has a quadruple header of CFB.