Tim Brando paints his picture for this college football weekend.
Top 10 after week #4
1) Georgia playing at its highest level in all three phases.
2) I’m confident that Ohio State, after seeing the Buckeyes in person, will play for the National Title.
3) Alabama gets Vandy this week in a primetime yawner.
4) Michigan, Its D carried the Wolverines. Maryland’s WR’s could be a problem.
5) As for Oklahoma, I thought the Sooners would be good. The fact of the matter is that the team is better than just good. They’re better than just good! Expect this team to climb further in the weeks ahead.
6) Arkansas had a sluggish effort last week, which is bad news for Texas A&M this week.
7) Oklahoma State? Is anyone paying attention to QB Spencer Sanders? Ya’ should be!
8) NC State It’s countdown to Clemson time in Raleigh.
9) USC I was impressed with the Trojans last week but see an upset this week in Corvallis.
10) Kentucky The Cats welcome an open date this Saturday.
- Spencer and I head to the Palouse this week for an entertaining PAC12 tilt with #18 Oregon visiting unranked but the trending Wazzu team off its upset of Wisconsin and blowout of Colorado St. Huge game for both schools and expect a raucous crowd for the 4 PM ET Saturday on the big FOX.
- Big Noon should be entertaining from the Big House. Gus is healthy and good to go as the Terps bring their pass-happy receiving group into Michigan.
- Look for Tennessee and Florida to showcase big plays with Hooker and Richardson QBng, a rivalry that has lost its luster from the late 90s and early 2000s.
- Here are some games under the radar that have my attention and should have yours.
- Duke at Kansas, noon on FS1, both are 3-0. Very compelling no matter who wins. I like KU.
- Some talking-heads have Texas as a team ascending and it may well be, and congrats Sark (Coach Steve Sarkisian) if that’s the case. I will point out that Texas Tech had this game circled the moment Joey McGuire was hired as Head Coach. Upset alert!
- USC is in major Upset alert heading to Corvallis for a late game at Reser Stadium. It’s on the PAC 12 Network which is difficult to find.